Congratulations, you’ve decided on a Microsoft Dynamics ERP software solution for your business.
Now the real work begins.
The good thing about Microsoft Dynamics software is that there is a ton of suppliers in the market. Yet, there are a select number of technology partners certified in Microsoft Dynamics with the robust service and experience offering you need to succeed post-implementation.
By partnering with a certified Microsoft Dynamics consultant, you receive:
- Product financing arrangements
- Deployment and software configuration
- Localized ERP software
- Customization options and third-party add-ons
- Core product support and maintenance
- Customization and add-on support
- Software-specific training and certification
Still, how can you be sure you’re getting what you paid for?
Use the following interview questions when qualifying potential Microsoft Dynamics partners:
- Which Microsoft Dynamics product is best suited for my business?
- How is Microsoft Dynamics deployed?
- Do you offer fixed-cost pricing implementation?
- Do your consultants have industry knowledge specific to our industry and business model?
- Can you cite examples of implementations that provided challenges and obstacles as well as how you overcame them?
- Who is your ideal customer?
- How do you measure customer satisfaction? [link to: Satisfaction Security]
- What other aspects of your business did your customers consider before selecting you as their Microsoft Dynamics consultant?
Judge prospective partners’ answers against the following criteria:
A chosen consultant should have implemented your chosen ERP software in your industry before, enabling them to provide you with best-practice recommendations and other advice along the way, such as business process improvements and additional value-added software solutions. Industry experience facilitates a speedy and successful implementation timeline.
Post-implementation is a crucial time for companies adopting new technology. If your partner never mentions extending a helping hand to upper management, user adoption, in-house training or on-call phone support, you may be partnering with the wrong Microsoft Dynamics consultant. Also, make sure your chosen solution works with your information database, portal and business intelligence solutions throughout the organization.
Outside of interviewing potential candidates yourself, the best way to get a sense of a partner and the work they have completed for other companies in your industry is to request a written list of references. The only real way to judge a Microsoft Dynamics consultant is by their track record – it never lies.
Choosing and implementing new ERP software does not have to be stressful. Download our whitepaper to ensure success and guarantee painless technology implementation.