Wholesale distribution software today may be customized to fit your business, integrating a full solution that offers everything from supply chain management to workflow management to customer management.
In the realm of customer relationship management, the advantages of embracing CRM software as a wholesale distributor have been documented:
- Smoother pipeline management with clear insight into sales cycles, close percentages by employee and lead opportunities
- Stronger management of contacts and e-mail marketing campaigns
- Better database of customer and prospect information – from sales quotes to purchase histories
But, what is impacting wholesale distributors to shift from hosting this software on premises to hosting it in the cloud?
- Added financial expenses and time to involve your IT team in the installation and integration of an on-premises solution, plus the ongoing upgrades and software maintenance
- Increased costs involved in hosting technology, along with storing and backing up critical data
- Higher business risk associated with an in-house technology failure or server disruption
As your business grows, your software needs change – not only in form, but also in function. For some wholesale distributors, a cloud-based CRM software offers more advantages than on-premises software.
The Larger Benefits Of Cloud-Based CRM Software
The organizational insights and process improvements inherent in cloud CRM software for wholesale distribution companies are similar to its on-premises counterpart. But, the business impact of a cloud solution is heightened for a few reasons:
Mobile Compatibility: Enable salespeople and off-site employees to complete various tasks and stay up to date on product availability, order status, credit status, etc.
Scalability: Taking long-term business needs into account, you ensure that your cloud-based CRM software is always compatible with the most recent technology in the market, and upgrades are performed automatically.
Up-Selling Opportunities: Business dashboards and alerts to identify buying patterns and potential delivery problems in the field enhance your ability to deal with customers directly.
Improved Workflows: Automation of distribution processes and tasks within labor-intensive projects guarantees that best practices drive business performance.
Above all, cloud-based CRM software gives you greater power, efficiency and flexibility as a wholesale distributor while unifying your customer touch points under a single business management software solution.
If It’s Not Industry-Specific, It’s Not You
Why waste time trying out a solution that may not be relevant to your specific business?
Options like NetSuite provide cloud-based business management software suites that streamline wholesale distribution operations – inventory management, warehouse management, supply chain management, shipping automation, customer relationship management and financial management – for full front-to-back office synchronization.
Isn’t it time you took a different approach to your wholesale distribution software needs?